Running, Hiking, & Yoga Adventure in Tuscany 2016
- Hike in the Tuscan hills.
- Run a local race (or cheer runners).
- Do Yoga in a Tuscan Villa.
- Drink local wine.
- Run a local race. Running is optional.
- Yoga - Daily!
- See Michelangelo's David in Galleria del Academia
- Climb the 463 steps of Duomo for a spectacular view of Florence
- Stay at a remodeled 12th-century estate with 10-mile panoramic views
- Hiking (or running) in the picturesque Tuscan countryside (1-7 miles per day)
- Healthy Italian cuisine from local gardens and biodynamic farms
- Winery tour in the Chianti region
- Visit the medieval towns of Siena, Volterra, and San Gimignano
- Spend a half-day at the Mediterranean coast
- Visit the Leaning Tower of Pisa
- Bike on the medieval wall around the city of Lucca
How to Get There
1. Fly into Frankfurt, Munich, or Amsterdam from US or Canada.
2. Fly into Florence from any major European airport.
3. Meet the group and your retreat leader at a designated hotel in Florence.
Borgo Pignano is a private Tuscan estate on 750 acres of secluded and unspoilt fields, hills, woods and gardens near Volterra and San Gimignano, in the province of Pisa, between Florence and Siena.
The principal building of the estate is an 18th century villa with 12th century ramparts and a turret bell-tower with panoramic views. From the tower it’s possible to see all four corners of Tuscany – and, on clear days, the outline of Corsica.
The villa is surrounded by terraces, lawns and gardens and has a salt-water infinity pool, beautifully nestled in a natural limestone quarry immediately outside the house.
The food at Pignano is locally sourced. Most of it comes from their two organic vegetable gardens and is complemented by products bought from neighboring bio-dynamic farms.
Accommodations are double occupancy. Unless you indicate on the Registration Form that you prefer a single room, we will do our best to match same-gender participants in double rooms.
- Lodging for 1 night in Florence
- Lodging for 5 nights at Borgo Pignano estate
- Lodging for 1 night in Lucca
- Local Transportation
- Three meals per day *Note: on day outings lunch is at your own expense
- Daily yoga classes
- Running bio-mechanics coaching (if needed)
- Race Entry Fee
- Bike rental in Lucca
- Vineyard tour
- Tours of Galleria del Academia and Duomo
- Running Treks T-shirt
- Airfare (Upon request we can include airfare from your home town to Florence at most affordable rates)
- Airport pickup and dropoff
- Personal expenses for gifts, snacks, lunches during outings, tea and coffee, wine, beer, soft drinks, and mineral water
- Fees for optional half-day workshops at Borgo Pignano
- Medical expenses in case of any emergency or injury